Host an Event
Also known as independent fundraising, third-party, free-agent or peer-to-peer, these are events organized and carried out by individuals and businesses who are moved by our mission and want to host a fundraiser for CAPTAIN CHS's benefit. We are humbled by the supporters who contact us each year to host an event on our behalf.
Join CAPTAIN CHS and be part of our mission to strengthen our community!
The event can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like! Here are a few fundraiser Ideas:
- Host a bake sale or lemonade stand.
- Host a bottle-and-can drive.
- Host an "A-Thon" -- a bowlathon, bikeathon, jumping rope-athon, ...
- Host a pancake breakfast. Or a luncheon. Or a dessert party (who doesn't like a dessert party?!).
- If you're already hosting an event, such as a golf tournament or a conference, that holds a raffle, auction or a 50/50, you can donate the proceeds to CAPTAIN CHS.
- Host a car wash
- Change for Change - collect change (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters) during a specific time to donate and make a CHANGE in your community
- Ask for donations to CAPTAIN CHS in lieu of gifts for your birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other occasion.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser! (Click on the link at bottom for a How To.)
CAPTAIN CHS can provide support by:
- Creating a flyer or other event material.
- Creating and disseminating a press release.
- Providing staff or material for the event.
- Sharing the event information on our website and Facebook page.
- Brainstorming ideas and sharing our experience.
- Assisting in any way we can!
Contact us at 518-399-4624 to learn more!
Fundraisers work best when people connect with the nonprofit's mission and vision.
To be used only as allowed in Branding Guidelines.
Please make checks payable to CAPTAIN CHS.
CAPTAIN CHS can provide your with our logo for your promotional materials (brochures, flyers, invites, eblasts, web postings, etc.). To ensure that our identity is represented correctly, however, please reference the above Branding Guidelines.
Donations to CAPTAIN CHS are tax deductible. Please discuss this with us.