Mission & Vision
CAPTAIN Community Human Services supports and empowers people of all ages to reach their goals of personal growth and self-sufficiency. We strengthen communities.
As a volunteer-driven organization, CAPTAIN CHS strives to be a recognized leader in finding effective solutions to social issues in the communities we serve.
We believe in dignity and compassion.
We believe in equity and inclusion.
We believe in self-determination and working together to empower people.
We believe in caring for ourselves as we care for others.
We believe in the abundance and strengths within our community to meet the existing needs.
We believe it is our responsibility to be a leader in creating change in our community.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
In fulfilling our mission to Lift People Up and Build Brighter Futures, CAPTAIN Community Human Services seeks to promote diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to recruit board members, staff and volunteers that represent a diverse group of people, ideas and perspectives, and extend that principle to the vendors and other community partners with whom we work. Equity and inclusion are among our core beliefs. We seek to include service recipients in decision-making capacities, both in their own personal growth toward self-sufficiency and in our service delivery. At CAPTAIN CHS, it is our hope that all community members will feel welcome to participate in these efforts to strengthen our community.
Updated September 2022
When you give your time, talents, and treasures to CAPTAIN CHS, you're:
- Feeding the hungry through the Emergency Food & Hygiene Pantry
- Keeping the heat on through the Emergency Assistance Program
- Helping kids with special challenges and their families through Family Support Services
- Ensuring every kid has a meal through Free Summer Meals
- Creating academic success through Cheryl’s Lodge Outreach Center
- Building kids' communication skills through Peace Camp
- Working to shelter those in need through multiple Services for the Homeless
- Ensuring seniors can stay in their homes through Care Links and Wellness Express
- Keeping kids safe at the Runaway and Homeless Youth Shelter
- Saving kids from sex trafficking through the Safe Harbour Program
- Helping homeless teens safely exit the streets through the Street Outreach Program
- Helping young adults become independent through Supportive Housing for Homeless Youth
- Promoting philanthropy through the CAPteens Program and Camp CAPTAIN Cares
- Helping clients build brighter futures through Getting Ahead and Family Mentoring
- Offering low-cost, gently-used clothing and homewares at CAPTAIN’s Treasures
- ...and so much more!