CAPTAIN CHS has believed in youth volunteerism since its inception. In partnership with Shenendehowa Central School District, our JR CAPteen Program is a youth-driven, youth development program aimed at involving local teens in community service, philanthropy, and helping those in need.
Incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in the Shenendehowa Central School District are eligible to become JR CAPteens. They learn what it means to act as ambassadors for CAPTAIN CHS and commit to 10 hours of volunteer service. JR CAPteens serves as an excellent opportunity for students to demonstrate a commitment to community service while building a resume for life.
JR CAPteens participate in a broad base of community service opportunities, such as:
- JR CAPteen shifts at the CAPTAIN CHS office helping with CAPteen planning or CAPTAIN CHS efforts
- Participating in community wellness events such as Parks Clean-Up Day
- Helping senior citizens, including creating cards for special occasions, baking homemade treats, and helping with yard work
- Organizing and implementing a food or CLYNK drive
- Fundraising or soliciting donations for CAPTAIN CHS
The Job JR CAPteen program receive funding from the Saratoga County Department of Aging and Youth Services and the Towns of Clifton Park and Halfmoon.