Street Outreach Program
Need help now?
Call 518-469-7897 in Saratoga County
Call 518-729-7581 in Fulton or Montgomery County
Call 518-584-6042 after business hours
Our Street Outreach Program connects dedicated staff directly to youth ages 13-21 years in Saratoga County, or ages 13-24 in Fulton and Montgomery Counties who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless.
Youth are met where they are: on the street, in encampments, shelters, or at our drop-in centers. They find a wide array of support services, including emergency shelter, face-to-face case management, access to basic necessities, transportation, food and clothing, and more.
Our mission includes working with youth, individuals, and families who are dealing with housing crises, homelessness, and runaway issues. We are always available at no charge to runaways, the truly homeless, and those at risk of homelessness, and will remain committed to this.
Street-Based Services Offered
The Street Outreach Project helps youth identify and reduce barriers that may exist between themselves and their dreams and goals. We do so by offering:
- Street-based outreach and education
- Crisis intervention
- Access to basic needs (clothing/food/hygiene) and emergency shelter placements
- Individual assessments and case management
- Referrals to needed services, such as medical services, family counseling, sexual assault and crisis rape relief counseling, and drug and alcohol counseling
- Coordination with community partners such as schools, law enforcement, local youth and adult emergency shelters, and transitional living programs
- Relationship-building with trustworthy adults
- Follow-up support
Stationary drop-in centers operate at scheduled times in community buildings where youth can "drop in" and receive services or just hang out. Our mobile drop-in centers allow us to mobilize our resources and distribute emergency basic needs wherever we go.
Additional Runaway & Homeless Youth Services
Other good resources: